This gut cleansing soup is an easy one pot recipe perfect for getting back on track especially if you’re feeling sluggish and wanting to feel good again. Best of all, it’s comforting, flavorful and packed with lots of healthy vegetables.
This soup is packed with tons of nutritious veggies, immune-boosting herbs and makes you feel warm, wholesome and nourished.
The best part is, this recipe comes together in just 30 minutes in one large pot. So cleanup is easy!
also, this superfood soup will help flush away fat.
Ok let’s jump straight into the ingredients you’ll need and method.
- Olive oil: 2-3 tablespoons
- 1 Brown onion: finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic: minced
- 1/2 a thumb Ginger: fresh, peeled and minced
- 3 stalks Celery, 1 large potato and 2 Carrots: finely chopped
- 1/2 Cauliflower florets: split apart in small sections
- 1/4 Purple cabbage: thinly sliced
- Turmeric: 1 teaspoon
- 1 heaped teaspoon San Elk vegetable powder (for extra flavour)
- 1 Canned tomatoes: diced tomatoes
- 1 canned green lentils: drained & rinsed
- 1L Vegetable broth: you can also use chicken or beef. I prefer vegetable
- 1 heaped teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt: or sea salt will work
- 1 heaped teaspoon Cracked black pepper: to taste & to activate the turmeric
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tomato & capsicum paste
- 1/2 bunch Kale: I finely chop it with stems as the stems have incredible health benefits
- 1 Lemon: juiced
- Parsley: finely chop a small amount
- Coriander: finely chop a small amount
Sauté vegetables: In a large pot, add oil and turn on the heat to medium-high. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery, potato, carrots, purple cabbage and cauliflower. Stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened. Stir in the tomato & capsicum paste along with turmeric powder, salt, pepper, vegetable powder, and diced tomatoes and continue to stir well for 2-3 more minutes.
add in spinach, canned green lentils, 1 litre of vegetable broth, pop lid on and reduce heat, simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Best served with sourdough bread and Butter #yum
If you want fresh Australian organic produce delivered straight to your door I highly recommend EarthyMamma!